Proper care is required to assure the lasting quality of your jewellery. When it comes to Platinum set with diamonds or other precious stones, be especially careful as these materials can be more susceptible to damage.
As a guideline:
- Remove your jewellery when doing the gardening, housework, cooking, bathing or other high energy activities.
- Don’t jumble your jewellery pieces in drawer or jewellery case, store it in a fabric-lined jewellery case or in a box with compartments and dividers.
- Be careful when removing your jewellery on the rim of a sink where it can easily slip down the drain.
- Have your jewellery checked for general wear and tear, and professionally cleaned once a year.
- If damaged, take your jewellery to a professional for repair and/or restoration - do not attempt to fix an old item yourself!